HND launches at CCAD Middlesbrough
If you are looking to excel in a profession such as interior design, exhibition, product design and design engineering, retail design, shop fitting and furniture design, Cleveland College of Art & Design have developed a two year highly skilled HND course which is aligned to the needs of businesses in the region and nationally.
[su_slider source=”media: 9341,9337,9335,9334,9333,9330″ width=”500″ height=”600″ title=”no”]
Students will gain a wide range of experience which will help fill the skills gaps identified by businesses, these include:
• Researching and developing ideas in 2D & 3D
• Use industry standard CNC router and appropriate software
• Laser cutting and using 3D printing
• Practical understanding and experience of the design process through projects.
• Ability to set and use fixed wood working machinery.
• Experience and experiment with a range of workshop techniques including timber laminating and working with sheet materials, vacuum forming and mould making.
• Design drawing and plan drawings
• The ability to use industry specification; design, drawing and visualising software including Photoshop, 3DStudioMax, 2D Design, AutoCAD and Solid works.
• Ability to design and prepare relevant marketing materials using Photoshop.
• Work on live projects set by industry – not by teachers in a classroom.
The first year of the course starts with a generic skills base to allow students to get a general understanding of areas crucial to business.
The second year would allow students to specialise in either furniture, product and engineering or interior and spatial design.
The course is cheaper than a Degree course at £6000 per year and has been developed by talking to local industries about what they want from employees. So if you’re looking to get in to a trade or work your way up within your current company, this could be great for you.